5 Reasons why it’s A Good Idea to Add a Conservatory to Your Home
Conservatories are a great way to improve your home and add more space to your living area. They can bring a new lease of life to your property and are a warm and welcoming way to enjoy natural light without compromising your comfort.
There are many advantages to adding a conservatory to a home, such as:
- A conservatory gives your home additional space to relax, entertain and work. You can dedicate your conservatory to whatever you wish or use it for a variety of reasons. Investing in some extra space could make all the difference and bring your home some much needed new life. Perhaps you work from home and want somewhere quiet and tranquil to concentrate or maybe you’d like a place to entertain friends and family when they visit.
- The window based structure of a conservatory means it will be the best lit room in the house and a great source of natural light. So for people that don’t get to spend much time outside, a conservatory can be a great way of soaking up some vitamin D without sacrificing comfort or warmth. It is a great way of feeling like you’re outside, without leaving your home comforts and allowing you to get on with things like working or watching television.
- Conservatories are much cheaper than moving into a bigger property. If you feel like you need more space in your house, conservatories can be a great solution and far cheaper than all the costs and stress involved in moving. With a difficult housing market at the moment, a conservatory could save you a lot of money. When and if you do decide to move, a conservatory can increase the value of your property.
- Rather than an extension to a house, a conservatory shouldn’t require any planning permission as long as it sticks to certain guidelines. In England, some of the guidelines require that no more than half the area of land around the original house should be covered by the additions or that the extension is higher than the highest part of the roof.
- Conservatories are a great place to keep house plants, as they’ll be exposed to tonnes of natural light every day. The conditions are perfect for all manner of plants to flourish, you could even try growing your own herbs. Greenery and flowers will brighten up your conservatory and provide an excellent place to relax and entertain, as well as upping the oxygen in your home.
Apple Home Improvements are specialists in conservatories, double glazing, doors, driveways, roofs and much more.